Tourist Attractions
Elizabeth Garden

Elizabeth Garden

The Elizabeth Garden, place where the Pousada do Vale is located is mentioned in the map ..

Baia dos Golfinhos Beach

Baia dos Golfinhos Beach

Baia dos Golfinhos is home to some of the well known species of dolphins.

http://www.mekongtourisme.com/cruise/
Si vous voulez trouver des meilleures jonques pour la croisière au delta du Mékong, consultez ici @@link
Voyage Mékong
Beaucoup de voyageurs choisissent le @@link pour leurs circuit et il sont très contents
Croisiere baie d'halong
Baie d'halong - une destination attractive au Vietnam
Itineraire vietnam 12 jours
@@link - Circuit idéal pour découvrir meilleur du Vietnam du Nord au Sud en passant par la merveille Halong et le coup de coeurs delta du Mékong

Vila dos Remedios - the capital of Fernando de Noronha

Vila dos Remedios - the capital of Fernando de Noronha
Fernando de Noronha is an administrative region of the State of Pernambuco; as such, Noronhas has an administrador, appointed by the Governor of Pernambuco, and doesn't have autonomous Legislative House (as have all the municipalities in Brazil).
Thus, Noronha doesn't have a capital (the seat of Executive and Legislative Powers); however, because it is the largest village in the island, Vila dos Remédios (Village of Remedies) is considered the unofficial capital of Noronha.

Below, some information about Vila dos Remédios.

In spite of having been discovered in 1503 and donated as a Hereditary Land Division in 1504, the Fernando de Noronha Archipelago remained forsaken for over two centuries (see History of Noronha), receiving temporary navigators from different nationalities.

In the XVII century the Dutch stayed there for 25 years. There exists almost nothing as marks of that time, unless a part of the current Remédios Fort walls (where they have built a redoubt in 1629) and the areas of agricultural experimentations.

The reports of this period mention "storehouses", "residences", "good marts", "farmyard", "vegetable gardens", a small "Calvinistic Congregation" among other constructive evidences of a long occupation. Also the "Elizabeth Gardens", where other cultures were experimented, mainly the indigo plant. And the place of this dutch "Village" is just the place where the REMÉDIOS VILLAGE was built in the following century, after the definitive occupation by Portugal through the Pernambuco Land Division.

The strategic advantages of this place were evident: near a water stream called Mulungu Brook and other fountains; easy access to the Cachorro Creek, which could be used as anchoring place; a drinkable water source transformed later in the Cachorro Fountain; the direct access to the new fort (Remédios). All this was supposed to be the ideal place for the construction of the main Village.

The urbanistic design of the Remédios Village, with its planned structure, consisted of two yards (two space units). In the upper space there was the Administration, the civil power, and in the lower space, the church, the religious power. The whole area was covered with stones and the buildings were always of big size. It should be pointed out that one of the main functions of the Village in its origin was to support the prison also established at that time. Strategically the village should not be seen from the sea.

The REMÉDIOS VILLAGE rose as the main urban nucleus of the island. From XVIII century on there operated the administration with its public buildings, the prison lodgings and the workshops for the prisoners, the church, the command square, the living houses, the storehouse, the school, the hospital and the warehouses for stocking the agricultural production and commodities sent from the mainland.

The village was also the starting point of the stone covered streets, using the "cabeça de nego" system, and having always in mind the need of draining the rainwater and the soil conservation, which was carefully observed in the streets and yards.

During over two hundred years this nucleus was used and maintained in its original structure with only small changes and inclusions. In 1938, as the archipelago returned to the Union, the village was in a good shape under the architectonic point of view.

The big interferences and transformations were mainlu made from 1942 on, after the occupation during World War II. A part of the old urbanistic appearance was then lost and the influence of the prefabricated buildings arose, due to their practicability in emergency times, thus becoming a technological reference.
Fernando de Noronha Beach, Discover the beauty of Fernando de Noronha Beach, Fernando de Noronha Beach in Brazil, Attractions in Fernando de Noronha, Visiting Fernando de Noronha